Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Jordan's weekly Email

ola,

I am so grateful to have been able to talk to you all this last 25 of December in Brasil. I am so grateful for all you who love me and send your love in emails, packages, letters, and prayers. I am so grateful for my family who give me inspiration and bring me the direct revelation that I need in the moments that I need them. I am so grateful for my Mom and Dad who I admire so much. I can feel their love and I miss them terribly. I am tremendously grateful for my brothers who act like they don't love me ha. but I know that they do. I am so grateful for my Grandmas and Grandpa who make me laugh in their letters and give me support and news about how the Trailblazers are doing and how Kobe is a joke ha. I am so grateful for all of you who are taking this time to read what a 20 year old kid is writing. I want to say, "thank you." I've thought about this life so much this December and what is the purpose of it all. I know I haven´t found the secret to life but I think I got at least a hint.
.......................

It's you. It's my parents. Its my brother's, grandparent's, sister-in-law's, nieces, and friends. I am here to let to know you, learn to love you, and to help you and me return to our Father in Heaven. This life has challenges but why do we dread them? They are glorious opportunities to grow and become a little more of who we should be. Why can´t we smile when its raining and windy outside? Remember somewhere, someone asked for the rain. Or give thanks to our Heavenly Father when one of the people we love is taken from this world? Because in Spirit World he has a purpose and will help hundreds of people. I won't claim that I am perfect in looking for the silver lining in the hard thinks but I am learning to, "that all these things shall give [me] experience, and shall be for [my] good."

I love the story of the Saviors birth and I had the chance to read it this Christmas. And I found a few things that I didn't see before. The first was something that Sister Hart commented in the Christmas conference that we had with President. She talked about the angels that brought, " good tidings of great joy," she commented that the angels that sang in Celestial Choirs were not resurrected angels but pre-mortal angels. And I like to think that I had the opportunity to bring tidings declaring the birth of the Savior 2 times. When I sang in a Celestial voice (and I know that Johnny Brown was in the Choir too) and I have the opportunity now to lift my voice to declare the things that I knew and I am blessed enough to know now! and the second is in verse 7:

And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.

I think the reason that Mary did not give birth in the safety and comfort of an inn I think is very symbolical. First I think that it was Mary´s mission to be humble enough to accept the humblest of conditions as we have to accept hard things in the conditions that we do not always choose. The other thing that makes me really feel something for my Savior is that The King of Kings, the Lord of Lords was born in a manger because he was simply rejected by the inn keepers. Jesus Christ was born into this world having already been rejected by many. He grew up and was the great teacher and soon after was rejected again. I know that my Savior had a purpose on this earth. I know that he was born, lived, and died in the face of rejection and hostility. I know that my afflictions are only but a moment in the eyes of the Lord and i know that he has already walk the road that i am traveling. I love Him.

I am so grateful for my Savior, Jesus Christ. He lives and is calling us back home. Lets make a goal this year to LISTEN and FOLLOW that sweet sound of our Saviors voice.

te amo,
elder brown

1 comment:

Sibbett_Ohana said...

Hi Ashley,
How are you? Your daughter is getting so big. I don't hardly blog anymore but I was swinging by to catch up withfriends and I saw that your bro in law is serving in brazil. My nephew Jay Maiava(elder maiava) is also serving there.hope all is well.

Marie