Sunday, March 29, 2009

I'm Glad This Week is Over!

So this week was kind of a busy one. Well not so much monday we just hung out at the beach after class.

But tuesday was legislative day. I had to be in town all day for a class, we were able to visit senators and our group was introduced before the house and senate. Josh was home all day with a baby who is very stubborn and DOES NOT take a bottle, I figured that would be the day to get her back on it because I thought she would get so hungry she would eat from it....she didn't and maybe this is TMI...but my boobs felt like they were ready to pop let me tell ya! Not feeding your baby for almost twelve hours...ouch!

And then wednesday was the Social Work Department banquet for all the graduating seniors, so we went to that had some dinner and nice LDS entertainment (a magic show)It was fun to hang out with class mates and not be IN class. All the seniors got a pretty lei and a nice pin that says Social Workers Change Lives...BYU-H. I thought it was a nice night and had a good time.
Thursday was a Hawaii holiday so no school! Josh had to work so John boy (Josh's Cousin) and me, Paisley and some others from my ward went to the Makapu'u light house. I was told the hike wasn't too bad and that it was paved. Maybe its because I am so out of shape that its embarassing, but it was harder for me than I thought it would be, not to mention I was pushing Paisley in the stroller. The nice thing was that it was all down hill on the way back! The view on the other hand was so pretty and the water is amazing the color was so different, I loved it.





So monday while I was in class, the teacher was reminding us about assignments, and had mentioned a paper was due of friday! What?!? An 8-10 page paper and I hadn't started (I guess it helps to look at your syllabus), so I did a little each day and got it finished in time. It made sense to me, and hopefully the teacher understands where I was going and what I was trying to say.
Saturday was our service project! It turned out great and we were so happy with the number of students who showed up to help! We worked together, cleaned, organized and then ate some spaghetti! Thanks to everyone who helped!






And today I pretty much bawled my eyes out at church because they sang Aloha O'e! I pretty much cry everytime it's sung, but it was so much more significant knowing we are leaving this place in only two short weeks! I love this place and our ward and am going to miss everything! I guess I'm not as ready to leave as I thought! And as if that wasn't traumatic enough! ;) We came home and went through everything, and made keep and get rid of piles. We drop our car off on wednesday to be shipped back "home" so I need to get everything in order to bring to the post office before we are car-less! So fun times, I am glad this week is over!

3 comments:

Derek+Hillary+Jocelyn=Williams said...

you disappeared after sacrament meeting! must have been being hugged by so many people! i kept saying to derek! THEY CAN'T BE LEAVING! you and the roemhildts! I just can't believe it's almost time! i mean, mY GOODNESS!

i'm going to miss you! we're having a girls lil get together before you all leave! i haven't picked a day, plans in the making, but be prepared! and if you have left over items you wanna sell bring it to the ladies night! LOVE YOU!!!!!

Roemhildt Family Fun said...

Last week was busy. And I'm afraid the next two weeks will continue to be busy.

Your service project looked like a lot of fun. James forgot about it but he wanted to go. I didn't realize he wanted to go or i would have mentioned it to him.

Anyway. looks like all in all you had a good week.

Sibbett_Ohana said...

Aww..the memories of leaving hawaii came right back to me while reading about your last week. Good Luck with everything.