Saturday, August 30, 2008

32 Week Appointment

I was finally able to get to the doctor since I've been back. I had my 32 week check up on friday. It went well and everything seemed normal until she went to listen to the heartbeat. It was strong but wasn't where she had expected, I guess out little girl is trying to be difficult or something, because Dr. Shimizu said she is in the breech position! What the heck. She said there is still a few more weeks for her to move into the head down position, but if by 36 or 37 weeks she hasn't changed they can try and move her, but if no luck most likely I will have to deliver c-section. Which I really don't want to do. Yikes! So she told me to talk to her or get into a pool or the ocean and try to get her to flip, so hopefully she will cooperate and move to where she needs to be. But other than that my pregnancy is still going really well, I feel good and am getting plenty of sleep considering I get the bed all to myself, theres nobody pressed up against me and I'm not being elbowed in my sleep. I have just been cleaning, washing and organizing before the baby comes, not to mention school started last week, so I better get working on that...

6 comments:

SiLLiWiLLi said...

this my dear is called NESTING! :D how darling! you look great! it was so nice to see you and have you back in town!!!!

IF she doesn't move a C section isn't all that bad! As long as you get enough help around the house! And your insurance is QUEST! But hopefully you can have her naturally. Thanks for the updates!

Roemhildt Family Fun said...

I hope she will move for you. My sister was never able to get her baby boy turned the right way, but the doctor was able to move him the day she delivered.

I'll help you out around the house when you have your baby.

Keoni and Sheila said...

someone suggested doing light squats. supposively helps her move down. Bouncing in the pool or water too. oh yeah, think of the people you want to have for the shower, we'll plan it soon.

Roemhildt Family Fun said...

I saw on your baby counter that you only had 44 more days to do. It's coming up so quickly. Yippee

Roemhildt Family Fun said...

My sister in Law Jenni wrote this advice on my blog concerning getting your baby to rotate. Maybe it will help.

"I've heard walking can help, or sleeping on a particular side if you need her to move or flip. Preston always favored one side, and so my doctor had me lie on that side to encourage him to move. It was hard though because as you know sleeping while pregnant is uncomfortable anyway, so that didn't last long and I would switch to the other side anyway."

I hope it helps.

Chelsea said...

AH! you are so close to being done.That is so exciting.Your going to love being a mommy its so fun :) Oh I hope they don't have to try to move her and she moves on her own. They thought Malakai was facing the wrong way and they tried turning him and it hurt so bad. It wasn't fun at all and the doctor was such a jerk! So i'm crossing my fingers that she'll turn on her own! Good luck with the last couple of weeks :) I know they can be pretty miserable but its so fun wondering when she'll come. The day my water broke I had been swimming all day long! haha and he came 3 weeks early!